Saturday, August 23, 2008

LOCUS OF CONTROL QUESTIONNAIRE

Circle the number to show how strongly you agree/disagree with each statement. Numbers on the left always mean disagree and those on the right always mean agree.
1. Getting ahead is about what you can do, not who you know.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
2. I am too old to change.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
3. If someone hates me, there is not a lot I can do about it.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
4. Most people can learn to be leaders- it’s not a matter of birth.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
5. A good way to handle a problem is not to think about it.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
6. Promotions are earned through hard work and persistence.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
7. I am very persevering – and I usually accomplish what I set out to do.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
8. Because no one can predict the future there is little point in making plans.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
9. I won’t make resolutions because I don’t usually keep them.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
10. I believe we are masters of our own fates.
Disagree Agree
1 2 3 4 5
If your total score is 40 or higher you probably feel in control of your life and what happens to you, the good and the bad. You are likely to take initiative in relationships, work and career.
A score of 30 to 39 also suggests an internal locus of control, though less definitely.
If you scored 10 or lower the opposite is probably true – you feel you don’t have much control over what happens.
A score of 11 to 19 carries a similar, though less pronounced meaning.
A score of 20-29 falls in between. There is real scope for you to develop your internal locus of control further.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE EXTERNAL LOCUS OF CONTROL,IS IT GOOD?